While many weight distribution hitches are made to be compatible with a sway control attachment, the CURT TruTrack™ is an advanced WD system that integrates the sway control function into the design of the hitch. It combines precise weight distributing with active sway control to deliver the smoothest, safest ride possible.
The TruTrack™ 4P features a unique spring and cam system within the hitch head that builds up pressure to actively stop sway and then relaxes to make smooth turns. The hardened cam components are less subject to wear and last longer than competitor models. The TruTrack™ also features unique spring bars. Like all WD hitches, it uses a pair of spring bars to leverage the trailer tongue weight and spread it across all axles of the vehicle-trailer combination. However, instead of using spring bar chains, the TruTrack™ connects to the trailer frame using heavy-duty, adjustable support brackets that hold the spring bars in place laterally and vertically. While regular spring bars angle from side to side, the integrated sway control arms resist this movement and keep the trailer better aligned.
In addition to its integrated sway control, the CURT TruTrack™ offers the same great quality as our other WD hitches, making it the perfect choice for campers, livestock trailers and other heavy-duty trailers. We stand behind this uncompromising hitch, and to prove it, we back it up with a limited lifetime warranty.
- Integrated sway control actively resists sway and levels the vehicle and trailer
- Four points of sway control work together to keep trailer aligned
- Welded head with cast pieces and trunnion-style forged steel spring bars
- Uses spring & cam system with hardened components, instead of friction alone
- Adjustable brackets provide fixed support unlike spring bar chain models
- Brackets use friction to resist lateral movement, replacing a sway control
- 2" shank can be flipped to provide necessary drop or rise
- Hex castle nut allows for easy adjustment for different trailers
- Fits virtually all A-frame trailers, featuring two neutral spring bar settings
- Carbide black powder coat, black-oxide-plated cams and stainless steel balls
- Includes a pre-torqued 2-5/16" trailer ball
- Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
- Springs bars can be adjusted to 30 or 70 degrees (+/- 5)
- Includes shank, trailer ball, spring bars, head, support brackets, pin & clip
- Capacity limited to lowest rated towing component (Lowest hole in shank cannot be used in drop position)